Tara offers manuscript editing and consultation for full-length manuscripts, chapbook-length manuscripts, and individual poems. If you are ready to submit your poetry to journals or presses and you could use a fresh set of eyes on your work, Tara would be happy to help.
CHAPBOOK AND BOOK MANUSCRIPTS
In response to your full-length or chapbook-length manuscript, you will receive individualized, thorough, unbiased notes, including:
- Detailed analysis (including comments and line edits on individual poems)
- Feedback about structure and order of poems
- Feedback and suggestions for titles (of the manuscript, any sections, and individual poems)
- Evaluation of poems and their inclusion in the manuscript
- Submission guidance about when and where to submit your manuscript
- Manuscript discussion to be conducted via email or phone
To help you make significant progress in your work, Tara also provides feedback on individual poems. She edits electronically in Microsoft Word and responds with detailed suggestions via email.
COPY EDITING AND PROOFREADING
If you feel your manuscript is ready for submission, a copy edit is essential in order to make the best possible impression. Tara will copy edit your manuscript with a detailed eye toward grammar, punctuation, syntax, and fluency as needed.
Tara will gladly price her work on a flat-rate, per-project basis, depending on the client’s preference. She charges practical, industry-standard rates. Please contact Tara to discuss your specific needs, scheduling, and fees.